About SNOO Baby Cot and Sleeper
Created by celebrated paediatricianDr. Harvey Karp (Happiest Baby on the Block), SNOO is a smarter and safer baby bed!
For the first 6 months, like an extra set of hands, SNOO boosts sleep with gentle rocking and soothing…for all naps and nights. Its quick response often calms upsets in under a minute. And our “5-second swaddle” reduces dangerous rolling.
Why SNOO is Parents' Favourite Baby Cot
Adds 1-2 hours of sleep per night with constant calming womb-like motion + sound
SLEEP TRAINS BABY
Automatically sleep trains, making it easy to transition to a cot…with little need to
YOUR 24/7 HELPER
Your extra set of hands, SNOO helps whenever you need a break: to shower, work, cook, or sleep
Automatically responds to your baby’s fussing…even when you’re asleep
Customisable settings, daily sleep report, and helpful tips from Dr. Karp
Secure swaddling prevents rolling to an unsafe position during sleep
Soothes upsets with increasing motion + sound, often calming crying in under a minute
From birth to 6 months (or when baby can get on hands and knees)
- Breathable mesh walls for healthy air flow
- 5 levels of specially designed sound + motion to soothe babies and boost sleep
- Premium motor for quiet and reliability
- Advanced algorithm can tell baby cries from room noise
SNOO in Box
- Dimensions: 96.5 cm L x 55.9 cm W x 39.4 cm H;
- Weight: 22.7 kg
- Dimensions: 90.8 cm L × 48.3 cm W × 78.7 cm H (with legs);
- Weight: 17.2 kg
SNOO Smart Sleeper
3 ivory SNOO Sacks (S, M, L) made with organic cotton
SNOO sheet made of GOTS certified organic cotton
Mattress and water-resistant cover
Unlimited access to sleep consultants, 7 days/week
Download our App
Download our App
- Control SNOO remotely by picking the best motion and white noise levels for your baby
- View your baby's sleep patterns—and track daily and weekly progress—with the Sleep Logs
- Customisable settings—from gentle newborn mode to easy weaning
- Helpful tips and fun info from Dr. Harvey Karp
Created by renowned paediatrician Dr. Harvey Karp and MIT-trained engineers, SNOO, quite simply, is a smarter and safer baby bed that can add 1 to 2 hours of sleep each night for babies 0 to 6 months old. SNOO's one-of-a-kind safe swaddling, gentle swaying, and all-night shushing was designed to mimic the soothing sensations of the womb, which activates a baby's innate calming reflex—nature's “off switch” for crying and “on switch” for sleep. Plus, SNOO is responsive, meaning it automatically responds to a baby's fussing with the just-right increase of shushing and motion to help lull your sweet pea back to sleep…often doing so in under a minute. Finally, SNOO has a special swaddle that keeps sleeping babies safely on their backs. Back-sleeping is a top safe-sleep recommendation from all public health authorities. SNOO is so safe, in fact, that over 150 hospitals all over the world place their tiniest patients in SNOO!
If safety, peace of mind, and sleep are top priorities for you, then yes, SNOO is worth it! Paediatrician-designed SNOO allows babies to be safely swaddled on their backs—the safest sleep position—for up to six months. At the same time, research has shown that babies who sleep in SNOO clock 1 to 2 more hours of sleep each night than other babies…and many sleep 9 hours or more by 2 to 3 months old. Plus, another study found that SNOO can help parents feel more rested and less likely to feel mentally stressed. Finally, research in the journal PLOS ONE concluded that swaddling, sound, and movement work equally well for soothing babies, whether it comes from SNOO or a loving adult…making SNOO a much-needed helper for parents whose “village” is too far away to offer middle-of-the-night soothing that allows weary parents to rest.
SNOO's womb-like rocking, all-night white noise, and snug embrace of a safe swaddle are specially designed to calm fussing, reduce night waking, and improve sleep. In fact, SNOO has been shown to add 1 to 2 hours of baby sleep each night. And SNOO's secure swaddle features patented looped “wings” that slide onto SNOO's built-in safety clips, keeping babies from rolling to the stomach during sleep. In short, SNOO:
- Securely swaddles babies on the back. That means once your precious little one is swaddled in their cozy SNOO Sack and clipped into the bassinet, they'll remain safely on their back all sleep long.
- Triggers the innate calming reflex,which is a baby's “off switch” for crying and “on switch” for sleep.
- Adds roughly 1 to 2 hours sleep each night. And most SNOO babies sleep 9 hours or more by 2 to 3 months.
- Automatically responds and adjusts to your baby's fussing with motion and sound, often calming babies in under a minute.
- Reduces the need for sleep training. SNOO's weaning mode allows for a gentle transition to cot.
- SNOO boosts confidence. With more sleep, less crying, and fewer worries about their baby’s safety, parents tend to feel like they're doing a good job meeting their lovebug's needs. More sleep helps new parents feel more like themselves, which contributes to overall wellbeing.
SNOO is not your average bassinet. In fact, it's not even your average smart bassinet! SNOO is the only smart bassinet to include all these sleep-promoting and safety features:
- Safe rocking: Babies love motion (after all, during their 9 months in the womb, they were gently rocked with every movement). However, unlike baby swings that hold babies at an unsafe incline, SNOO provides babies a firm, flat surface as it rocks. Additionally, SNOO's special swaddle is secured to the bassinet so you can rest assured that your bub will remain safely on their back all sleep long.
- All-night white noise: Research has shown that white noise can help 80% of babies fall asleep in just 5 minutes. Safe swaddling: SNOO's easy 5-Second Swaddle is hip-safe, never unravels, keeps babies safely on the back, and features breathable mesh at the shoulders and legs to keep babies comfy and cool all sleep long.
- Easy to customise: Thanks to the free mobile App, you can adjust your bassinet's motion, sound, and cry sensitivity.
While the term “smart” is sometimes used for any device that's plugged in or has a connected App, simply being able to move, make noise, or operate remotely doesn't make a bassinet smart! A “smart” sleeper relies on information from the user (aka your baby) to work more efficiently. SNOO, for instance, is designed to respond to your baby's cries with a sophisticated algorithm that mimics the actions of an experienced caregiver. That means SNOO automatically chooses the best motion (a gentle rock for sleep, a slightly faster jiggle for fussing babies), as well as the best white noise (soothing rain for a sleeping baby, and louder womb-like sounds for an upset baby) to help calm your little one. Once your baby settles, SNOO reduces its response back to your selected baseline.
While baby swings and rockers are fantastic at calming babies—and allowing parents a short break—they're not safe for babies to sleep in. Babies should never be placed on an incline to sleep and never sleep in a swing or baby rocker. That's because a baby's head can flop forward, possibly obstructing their airway, causing suffocation. If left unrestrained, babies can roll over and asphyxiate.
With SNOO, however, your baby is safely rocked while in their own sleep space on a firm, flat surface, which is what's recommended. It's important to know that not all rocking bassinets are the same. Once your little one starts wiggling and rolling, the motion of a rocking bassinet can make it easier for them to become trapped against one side, which is a clear suffocation risk. When your baby sleeps in SNOO you can rest assured that they will stay safely on their backs. Back-sleeping is a top safe-sleep recommendation from all public health authorities.
There is no bassinet like SNOO. When compared to other so-called smart bassinets, none of them can keep babies sleeping safely on their backs for all naps and nights. This makes it possible to keep your lovebug safely swaddled for up to 6 months. (When babies are not in SNOO, swaddling must stop once Baby begins to roll.) Plus, SNOO works all night long and automatically responds to Baby's cries with paediatrician-designed white noise and safe rocking specifically designed to soothe babies back to sleep.
A traditional baby bassinet features a safe, flat, firm sleep surface. And they're compact enough to keep in your room, which is recommended for at least your baby's first six months. SNOO features these safe-sleep musts, plus some new ones. For instance, unlike traditional bassinets, SNOO keeps babies securely swaddled on their backs, which is the ideal safe-sleep position for babies. At the same time, SNOO offers babies white noise and gentle rocking all night long—both proven sleep-helpers. And SNOO is designed to automatically respond to Baby's cries with the just-right increase of soothing sounds and motion, expertly lulling them back to sleep.
It's easy! Once you plug in and set up your smart sleeper, just follow these steps:
Step 1: Swaddle your baby in a SNOO Sack.
- Open the sack and inner bands and lay your baby down with their shoulders about 5 cm higher than the neckline of the sack.
- Straighten each arm and snugly pull and secure the inner arm bands across your baby's chest. The bottom edge should cover most of your baby's hands, leaving just their fingers exposed. Next, secure the leg flap.
- Now, tug the top of the SNOO Sleep Sack up and over each shoulder and fully zip the sack. (The neckline should be well below your child's chin.)
Step 2: Place your baby in SNOO.
- When you lay your baby in SNOO, make sure their feet are at the end nearest to the Activity Button.
- SNOO Sacks feature wings with a loop on each side. Slide the SNOO Sack's loops onto SNOO's safety clips on either side of the bassinet. (Do this whether SNOO is on or off.)
Step 3: Turn SNOO on.
- Press the Activity Button on the front of SNOO. It'll blink white for about a minute as SNOO “boots up.” Once it stops blinking, push the button again. This time, the light will turn blue and SNOO will turn on and begin gently rocking and playing white noise.
- When your baby fusses, SNOO waits a few seconds before responding, allowing them to self-soothe. If crying continues, SNOO's gentle rocking gets slightly faster and the white noise gets a bit louder. SNOO then moves through four levels of increased sound and motion, until fussing stops. SNOO is designed to “time out,” turn off, and alert parents via the App after a couple minutes of continued crying, indicating that your baby likely needs a change, a feed, or extra comfort.
Step 4: Customise your SNOO experience.
- To increase SNOO's level of sound and motion, simply push SNOO's Activity Button for several seconds. As you continue to push, the button will change colour and SNOO will advance to the next level of sound and motion. (You can adjust SNOO's sound and motion with the mobile App, too.)
- You can reduce SNOO's level of activity with the mobile App. (To stop SNOO, push the activity button once.)
- SNOO has a special feature called Motion Limiter that allows parents to restrict SNOO's motion to the first two levels (recommended for babies under 1 month). Go to the Settings icon of the App, click on your baby's profile, and toggle Motion Limiter on and save. When Motion Limiter is on, you'll see a M icon in the upper right corner.
- When Baby is just about ready to move to cot, engage SNOO's Weaning Mode, which offers Baby sleep-boosting sound all night—but no motion, unless upset. To turn on Weaning Mode, go to the Settings icon on the App. Under the Modes category, toggle to Weaning. When the Weaning is on, a W icon will show in the screen's upper right corner.